Monday, May 26, 2008

Biking

Hmm... biking... is going to be the death of me! Ok maybe not but who knew it was so hard! I mean c'mon everyone says "just like riding a bike" as a reference to being easy...I'm not doing so well. Of course, I a riding on tires that are thinner than my fingers and I haven't ridden a bike at all in 27 years (shhh don't say that out loud!)

I knew the swim would be a struggle but I had no idea biking would be this hard for me. How come I can run down the side of a rocky, rooty steep hill without hesitation but I can't ride down my street without putting the brake on??? I know that momentum is my friend on a bike but I am seriously struggling with it. I know the crash didn't help my situation and is making me overly cautious but wow somehow I have to get over it. Just not sure how.

I also know that once I finally do I'll be just fine. As I was with swimming. I fought against it and fought against it. Then I was told by far better swimmers that I was doing just fine and the next time I swam - I was! Biking is not going that way... I still know I will be fine. Just not sure what it's going to take to get me over that hump. Any ideas?

No comments: